Thursday, February 12, 2009

Great Wedding Day... and Great Hair

Amazingly enough, I got married. I think it’s amazing, anyway. I never really thought about getting married or even finding someone who understands me, for that matter. I was busy. I was too busy. I went to graduate school, opened my own (failed) business, I had things to do.

BOOM! Then I met Scott and everything changed. We were getting married.
I had a few problems with the whole planning process; the first problem being my deceased mother. Every place I went to, some snotty sales girl asked about my mother. What would she be wearing, what does she think. It’s enough to drive you crazy. I knew she was absent. I went alone to pick out my wedding dress. I was aware of the void and didn’t need to be reminded of it. I just had no idea that a wedding was so much about a mother and daughter.

Regardless, I found a dress, a venue, a minister, blah, blah, blah. Everything was set. Two weeks before the wedding, I realized that I had no idea how I would wear my hair. Of course, my tried and true hair dresser had already been schedule but what the heck would we do for that day? Every bridal picture showed some girl with long flowing hair or up in a French twist. But, I have short hair! Should I be denied cute hair just because I’m a low maintenance hair girl? I finally, FINALLY found a picture online and we worked from there. For those of you who need a special hair do and have short hair like me, check this out. My hair stylist rocked and it looked incredible – even the back of my hair looked great! Everything went smoothly. The flowers were incredible, the food was great, and the venue was perfect. And… I had great hair.

For great wedding hair, or every day hair you can see Chelsea DeVere at Salon Pop in Long Beach. Call 562-987-9200 for an apt.
If you do get married in the Orange County area, I highly recommend using Lavender Hill as your florist. Dawn is great and the flowers were beautiful.
http://www.lavenderhilloc.com/

Also, our minister was AWESOME. Really, he helped me more on that day than the event coordinator from the hotel. I highly recommend Rev. Clint Hufft.
http://www.reverendclint.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And best of all, Rev. Clint appears very well on film. Just ask Trista and Ryan.